- It's all yours right now -- enjoy it! Once your wiki takes off, lots of people will read what you write. Right now, nobody's looking over your shoulder yet, so feel free to try things out and make mistakes.
- Make lots of short pages! The hardest thing about writing is looking at a blank page and not knowing where to start. It's a lot easier once you write down your first couple sentences. So take a deep breath, and jump in -- make ten really short pages, one right after another. Once you've started, you can build the pages up slowly, adding a little bit at a time.
- Link your pages together! Links help you and your readers get from one page to another, so whenever you mention the subject of another page, use the "Add a Link" button to make a link to that page. You should also use the front page to link to all of the most important pages on your wiki. Describe what your wiki is about on the main page, and include links to help your readers find their way around.
- Add pictures! A well-chosen picture can make a bland wiki page come to life. When you're writing a page, use the "Add a Picture" button to upload a picture from your computer onto the page.
- When you're ready -- tell your friends! Once you've started a bunch of pages, linked them together and added some pictures, you'll be ready to start showing off your wiki to the world. You probably know people who are interested in the same thing that you are, so tell your friends to check out your new site. Those are your first readers and potential contributors, so give them lots of encouragement.
If you get stuck, write to us through our contact form -- we're happy to help!
Have fun!-- sannse
I noticed that you created this page back in March, using the log in name Electrix.
I was wondering if you would be willing to turn that login over to me for my son's character in the new MMO DC Universe Online?
He's had that name as a superhero for a long time and it would be really cool for him if he could continue it in the DC Universe Online game and keep his username the same on all the boards we are using for the guild.
If not, I understand, thanks for taking the time to read this.
Have a great day!
PS: If yes, please send me an email at email@example.com with the temporary password you created to turn the account name over to us!